Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Harpr Surveyors Ltd, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Harpr Surveyors Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Harpr Surveyors Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Harpr Surveyors Ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Harpr Surveyors Ltd.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Harpr Surveyors Ltd or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Harpr Surveyors Ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Harpr Surveyors Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Harpr Surveyors Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Harpr Surveyors Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Harpr Surveyors Ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Harpr Surveyors Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Accuracy of Drawings
All heights, and dimensions shown on the drawings are approximate and must be verified on-site prior to the commencement of any Work. Any errors, discrepancies, queries, or omissions must be brought to the attention of Harpr Surveyors Ltd immediately.
All Work must be carried out in strict accordance with local authority requirements, national building regulations, and relevant standards. Where applicable, contractors must locate and identify existing services on site and protect them from damage throughout the duration of the works.
Drawings must not be scaled. Only figured dimensions shall be followed. Drawings are for design purposes only and are not to be used for construction. Only drawings marked “For Construction” shall be used for construction.
Harpr Surveyors Ltd has taken every reasonable step to ensure the accuracy of the survey and drawings, however, certain limitations can be present at the time of the survey, such as the condition, level of belongings and heights over 2.5 metres present on site. Due to these limitations, a greater level of tolerance will need to be applied to the drawings.
Land Registry Compliant Plans
1. Boundary Alignment with Ordnance Survey Maps:
- All Land Registry compliant plans produced by Harpr Surveyors Ltd will accurately reflect the boundary lines as depicted on the most recent available Ordnance Survey maps.
- In instances where boundary lines are not clearly defined or discrepancies exist between physical features and Ordnance Survey maps, Harpr Surveyors Ltd will undertake reasonable efforts to reconcile such differences. This may involve consultations with relevant authorities, landowners, or the use of additional surveying techniques.
- Clients are advised that ultimate responsibility for boundary determination rests with the Land Registry. Harpr Surveyors Ltd cannot guarantee the acceptance of plans by the Land Registry in cases of complex or disputed boundaries.
2. Accuracy and Compliance:
- Harpr Surveyors Ltd adheres to the Land Registry’s guidelines for plan preparation to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Plans are produced using appropriate scales, typically 1:1250 for urban properties and 1:2500 for rural properties, as per Land Registry standards.
- All plans include a north point, a bar scale, and sufficient detail to enable clear identification of the property on Ordnance Survey maps.
3. Client Acknowledgement:
- By accepting these terms and conditions, clients acknowledge that:
- Land Registry compliant plans are based on available Ordnance Survey maps and may not definitively resolve boundary disputes.
- Harpr Surveyors Ltd will make reasonable efforts to ensure accuracy, but cannot guarantee the acceptance of plans by the Land Registry in all cases.
- Clients are encouraged to seek independent legal advice if they have concerns about boundary issues.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Harpr Surveyors Ltd details
- Harpr Surveyors Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11548518 whose registered address is Manobier, Fore Street, Nanpean, Cornwall, PL26 7YE and it operates the Website www.harprsurveyors.co.uk.You can contact Harpr Surveyors Ltd by email on email@example.com.