A scaled architectural drawing is a drawing that represents an object or building at a smaller or larger scale than its actual size. This allows the object or building to be represented on a sheet of paper or other medium that is more manageable to work with.
Do you need a plan drawing to scale?
What are the Purposes of Scaled Architectural Drawings?
Scaled architectural drawings are used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Planning and designing buildings and structures
- Communicating the design of a building to builders and other stakeholders
- Obtaining permits and approvals from government agencies
- Estimating the cost of construction
- Determining the amount of materials needed for construction
- Ensuring that a building meets building codes and other regulations
- Creating marketing materials for a building
What Does 1 to 100 Mean?
The scale of a drawing is expressed as a ratio, such as 1:100. This means that every 1 unit on the drawing corresponds to 100 units in real life. For example, if a building is 100 metres long in real life, it would be drawn 1 metre long on a drawing with a scale of 1:100.
Where Can I Get a Scaled Architectural Drawing?
There are a few different places where you can get a scaled architectural drawing. One option is to hire an architect or architectural firm to create the drawing for you. Another option is to purchase a pre-made drawing from a drafting or engineering company. You can also find scaled architectural drawings online.
If you are looking for a reliable and experienced company to provide you with scaled architectural drawings, we recommend using us, Harpr Surveyors. Harpr Surveyors is a leading provider of surveying and mapping services in the South West and we have a team of experienced surveyors who can create accurate and detailed scaled architectural drawings for a variety of projects.
To learn more about Harpr Surveyors and our services, please visit our scaled plans page.
Here are some additional benefits of using scaled architectural drawings:
- They can help you visualize the design of a building before it is constructed.
- They can help you identify potential problems with the design.
- They can help you communicate the design to others.
- They can help you obtain the necessary permits and approvals.
- They can help you estimate the cost of construction.
- They can help you ensure that the building meets building codes and other regulations.
If you are involved in any type of construction project, I encourage you to use scaled architectural drawings. They can be a valuable tool for ensuring the success of your project.
Here are some tips for choosing a scaled architectural drawing company:
- Get quotes from several companies before making a decision.
- Make sure the company has experience creating scaled architectural drawings for projects similar to yours.
- Ask to see samples of the company’s work.
Would you like more information?
Take a look at our dedicated scale floor plans page.