IN accordance with pas 2035
What is PAS 2035?
What is the retrofit assessment process?
- Approximate age of the property
- Number and age of extensions and any supporting documentation
- Documents for rooms in the roof
- Warranties and certificates, e.g. cavity wall and loft insulation, solar panels, extractor fans, boiler, hot water cylinder
- Details about the heating and hot water systems
- Last 12 months energy bills – gas and electricity
We ask that this information is ready for the date and time of the visit as this are crucial in helping us make an accurate assessment of the retrofit needs of the property.
The site visit
We will ask the homeowner about any issues or concerns they have about the property and collect and record the information needed
Energy assessment, floor plan, survey and data collection.
Our retrofit assessor will conduct an energy assessment, similar to the way in which an EPC is carried out but in much more detail. A detailed floor plan is created with accurate measurements of rooms, walls, windows and doors, not too different to our scale floor plans.
The condition report data collection will consist of making notes and recording information about the whole condition of the property, inside and out. Issues such as damp, mould and cracks in the building fabric will be recorded along with aspects relating to ventilation.
We want to know how the property is used, our assessor will go through a few questions on how you use your property and collect accurate information to later assess the level of energy savings that can be made.
The final report.
When the assessor is back in the office, the data collected on the site survey will be calculated and written up into the final reports using Elmhurst’s software.
We lodge the final report on the Data Warehouse and upload a copy to the Retrofit Coordinator.
Our Retrofit Assessors are accredited with Elmhurst Energy to conduct the assessment
documents in a retrofit assessment
Roles in the PAS 2035 retrofit process
All these roles are in accordance with the guidance of PAS 2035
- Retrofit Advisor: Person competent in giving advice to clients and householders
- Retrofit Assessor: Person qualified to carry out a retrofit assessment
- Retrofit Coordinator: Person qualified as a specialist retrofit project manager, taking overall responsibility for all elements of the retrofit process
- Retrofit Designer: Person qualified to prepare a retrofit design
- Retrofit Installer: Person or organisation undertaking the energy efficiency measures in an existing building
Let’s Start Something new
About Harpr Surveyors
We provide accurate floor plans, scale plans, HM Land Registry compliant lease plans, EPCs and retrofit assessments in accordance with PAS 2035 to estate agents, conveyancing solicitors and the public. We pride ourselves in the quality of our products.
Manobier, Fore Street, Nanpean, St. Austell, Cornwall, PL26 7YE